Here’s list of rules which should be adhered to at all times within the hall:
COVID-19 specific rules
- Please always check College, Campus Service and Hall communications for the most up-to-date rules.
You must abide by all health and safety instructions given by a member of the wardening team, hall supervisors, campus services team, and security team members.
- No guests are allowed in the Hall until the end of October, at which point policy will be reviewed. Please always verify with the Wardening Team and Hall supervisors whether guests are allowed.
Face coverings MUST be worn in all common areas of the Hall, with the only exception being students’ own bedrooms.
- Keep your distance of 2 m to others as much as possible.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap for 20 seconds minimum – especially when coming from outside.
- Your household is defined on the basis of your kitchen.
- The games room is currently closed for safety reasons. This policy will be reviewed on a weekly basis.
- Only 6 people are allowed in common rooms. This policy will be reviewed only a daily basis to meet government restrictions.
Students arriving having to quarantine for 14 days are allowed to go out for essentials.
- Your room is cleaned monthly based on the rota on your kitchen wall. Your cleaning times cannot be rescheduled.
- Sanitary bins are emptied on the dates displayed on your kitchen wall. Please place your bin outside your door the night before.
- Communal areas, including the kitchen, are cleaned daily, Monday to Friday.
- You can access the Courtyard and Terrace between 06:00 and 23:00.
- There are 3 fire tests between 11am and 12pm every Thursday; the alarm will ring shortly and then be silenced. No Evacuation necessary.
- There is a laundry room on the Courtyard level, this is operated using Circuit Laundry. download the app and scan the QR code on the machine to pay. You cannot use coins!
- You may watch TV in your room but you are responsible for TV license. There are TVs in the student lounges that do not require personal TV licenses.
- Staff are available to help please see contact details below.
- You can call our Internet provider ASK4 24/7 with issues: 01104 303 3232 or 0845 123 8710
- You can use Xenia’s ping pong table in the courtyard, playing equipment is found in the Games Room and should be returned there after use. The pool table in the games room is free.
- You can collect your post from your post boxes. Any large parcel will be stored at Reception and a collection note will be emailed to your Imperial email address. You can collect parcels up until 8pm on a weekday. Parcels can not be delivered or collected on weekends as reception is closed.
- Smoking or Vaping is not permitted anywhere in the building, including courtyard, terrace and fire stairs.
- Candles, joss sticks, oil burners and tea lights are not permitted.
- All students must be considerate to their fellow residents and not make excessive noise at any time, or disturb other residents or neighbours between the hours of 23:00 to 08:00.
- Heaters, electric blankets, toasters, microwaves, sandwich toasters, kettles , fridges and freezers may not be kept in your room for health and safety reasons.
- Any form of harassment, either physical or verbal, will not be tolerated.
- You are not permitted to enter restricted areas, violate any safety warnings or notices, or climb outside windows onto balconies, walkways, ledges or roofs except in emergencies. Fire exits are available for your evacuation in case of emergency.
- You are not permitted to store or carry a bicycle into Xenia, including foldable bikes
- There is no tolerance of the use and handling of illegal substances.
- You are not authorised to duplicate your keys.
- Do not lend your keys and swipe cards to anyone else.
- Cleaning staff do not wash your dishes and will not clean areas cluttered with dishes.
- Students must never tamper with, or misuse any fire equipment or the alarm system. Students MUST evacuate the building when the alarm sounds and not re-enter until instructed. The Muster point at the end of the road, turning right as you exit the main entrance, staff will assist you as you exit.
- Students must never throw, or let fall, objects of any kind from windows or balconies. Students must not move any furniture in rooms as they are often fixed to the walls; charges will apply to damage caused by moved furniture.
- Students must pay attention to security in Xenia Halls and not permit entry to strangers. Students should report strangers in the Hall to a member of staff or warden immediately. Be careful of tailgating through doors.
- Students must treat hall property, fixtures and fittings, and the property of fellow residents with respect. Students should always report damage or abuse to the hall supervisors as soon as possible
- Absolutely no weapons allowed in halls at any time; this includes, but is not limited to, rifles, arrows, or firearms of any kind, including those used for sporting purposes
More detailed information can be found in your welcome pack or alternatively, speak to a member of staff.
Reception opening times and contact: 02074504601; Monday to Friday 08:00-18:00; Saturday & Sunday: closed
Wardens on call times and contact: 07764352126 ; Monday to Friday 18:00 – 08:00; Saturday & Sunday: 24 hours